Monday, September 27, 2010

The Weekend That Was


So we’ve just had a lovely long weekend here in Cape Town. On Thursday afternoon the lovely drummer arrived at my work with 2 puppies. He and a girl from his college had bought them for R100 off a homeless man who apparently was not treating them very well (he had them stuffed in his rucksack!).

Of course I was ecstatic! And so the weekend began amidst a flurry of fur, messy feeding and lots of cooing. This weekend I…

+ Spent 4 almost-sleepless nights coaxing puppies to eat Cerelac, pee and poop
+ Went to a braai to celebrate Heritage Day
+ Got the lovely drummer to watch Bambi with me
+ Had too much wine and loved it
+ Knew someone who got mugged
+ Went to the birthday party of someone I didn’t (and still don’t) know
+ Felt exhausted a lot of the time
+ Realised what it must be like to be a mom
+ Got to laze for an hour with the lovely drummer while the little ones slept
+ Sobbed unceremoniously when we had to give the pupps up to TEARS
+ Needed more sleep than I got

What did you do this weekend?

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails