Thursday, April 14, 2011

So disappointing


I was invited to the launch of the Baxter Theatre's new restaurant this evening and I got the times mixed up so at 4:05 this afternoon you can imagine how stupid I felt when I saw the opening time: 4pm.

I'm so disappointed because was really looking forward to it but it seems my stress over my resignation from my job and entrance into the scary, massive, unsure world of "freelancer" has got to me. I'm a nervous-but-happy-looking-on-the-outside wreck.


Please, oh please, let this decision not be the end of me.

I've also realised that it's difficult to be happy about other people's success when you feel like a little bit of a failure yourself. It's not a nice quality to have to deal with.

All in all, excited, scared (See: petrified), looking to be brilliant at something, questioning who I am and what I should be doing with my life and hungry.

Welcome to my life. The real one.

I'm also, slowly and quietly, trying to give up meat so I won't be living life as such a raging hypocrite.

Maybe I should start smoking? 

Image from here.
Related Posts with Thumbnails