Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Three more days til Christmas



Last night the Marja and I went for a walk along the beach. It was great to be out in the fresh air after sitting at a desk for over seven hours.

Everyone on the beach seemed to be in a good mood which was really refreshing. We stopped off at a few shops on the way home and picked up some small add-on presents and then we went home to wrap!

I always find that presents look so much more interesting and intriguing when they’re wrapped. The decorative paper and perfectly placed celotape is one of my favourite things about Christmas or birthdays – I just love getting gifts that are a complete surprise.

After bundling a few things into their respective wrappings the Marja and realised we still have so much shopping to do and loads more wrapping! The idea exhausted us so we decided to chill out and watch The Big Bang Theory (I absolutely LOVE Sheldon).

So now, when I get home from work I’m probably going to have to submerge myself in sticky-tape, gifts and reindeer bedecked paper.

I’m tempted to ask you all what you’re getting your loved ones for Christmas but don’t want you to ruin the surprise so mum’s the word.



Just one thing – I know puppies and kittens are cute, and can potentially be the perfect gift of all to give a friend, child or partner but please think really hard before you decide to buy a little dog or cat for someone else. Taking care of an animal is a huge responsibility and if the receiver isn’t really ready to look after a new “Snowy” or “Patches” they may end up on the street. Every year after the 25th of December thousands of small animals are abandoned because they can’t be looked after properly which is the saddest thought ever. If you do want to buy a pet as a gift rather tell the person beforehand to see if they’re ready for it. You might even have a great time going along with that person to choose the kitten or puppy.

Otherwise please have the most amazing Christmas. I know I’m looking forward to the scrumptious dinners and lunches and leftovers.

My stomach is already growling to the tune of “We Wish You a Merry Christmas” (if that’s even possible).

What's your favourite thing about Christmas?
Much love, Red Noses and Snow-flakes,
x

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails