Thursday, December 2, 2010

cooked



I used to be really scared to spend time in the kitchen because I often have NO clue what I’m doing. I love food so much though and would often think about how cool it would be if I could cook all the delicious, scrumptious-looking meals I’d see in cooking mags, recipe books and at friends’ houses.

One day I decided enough was enough, I was a grown woman (um, almost), and nothing, nothing was allowed to scare me (except for needles, toilets and dark water) (yes, I am afraid of toilets, don’t ask).

I started trying out recipes and making my own meals and at first it was too stressful to bear: I was constantly worried that I’d burn something or add too much salt or too little sauce.

But with each meal I made my confidence grew and my excitement expanded and my ideas started flowing. I wanted to try soups, pastas, bakes and roasts. So I did. I’m really trying to cook at least two or three times a week, and my favourite dishes to make are vegetarian. The night before last my mom and I had friends over and I made a Thai green curry. I was a little worried about cooking for other people but the dish turned out almost perfectly!

I was (and still am) a little proud – there wasn’t a single mouthful leftover.

I’ve definitely discovered a love for cooking and can’t wait to try all kinds of recipes!!

My favourite, favourite ingredient to cook with is courgettes.

What’s yours?

Ps, if you have any cool recipes to share with me (preferably vegetarian) please do!

2 comments:

FarmGirl said...

Good luck on the cooking! After 34 years I am still shy of the kitchen. Love baking though!

Claudz said...

Thai Green Curry is so easy to make but not easy to get right, well done you!
I confess, courgettes are not my favourite....
I'll try post some vegetarian recipes along the way

Related Posts with Thumbnails