Wednesday, June 29, 2011

At the risk of seeming like a cat lady in the making...

I recently downloaded allt the (very bad quality) pics from my phone and realised that I've met some pretty cool animals in some interesting situations...

I thought I'd share them all with you:

First up are Guiness and Peroni, my uncle and aunt's "babies" -

They are polar opposites: Guiness is a soft and shy little guy who has the most adorable fringe while Peroni is super boisterous and loves jumping on laps.  Love them!

Next up is Hunter. Named after Hunter S Thompson this cat used to live in Obs. She was hit by a car twice and lost her tail but is still sweet and affectionate -


She used to come sleep right next to my computer at my old work.

We found this gorgeous specimen in the bathroom at the lovely drummer's house -


I found this white rabbit on the side of the road while walking from Cavendish to Kenilworth. I picked it up and then wsa like "um, now what?". Luckily it belongs to the public gardens there so I gave it back to the security guard - 



A seal at Kalk Bay Harbour -


This is Bacardi (I think that's his name). He's a beautiful tabby cat and he's the resident pet at The REd Herring in Noordhoek. He's a bit shy when it comes to pics, as you can see -


The unamed cat I often see in the window on my way to the train station - 


On a walk from Glencairn back home to Fish Hoek I saw this large mole digging on the side of the raod. I stopped tow atch him and he couldn't see me so let me get quite close. Look at those teeth - 


Bokaap alley cat -



Flightless Egyptian Goose at Solole Game Reserve. He got left behind which is sad but is super friendly which was sweet -


My boss' cat Cass who upon my arrival always like to spend a few minutes being scratched on my lap. She's gorgeous too; a stray turned luxury kitten - 


And these fishies are so cute. Look at their smiles -


Does this make me a cat lady in the making?

4 comments:

lauren fowler said...

I think I'm in love with that photo of the unnamed cat. also, thanks for the picture of the mole! I've never seen one before :)

-TheseJadeDays- said...

It's a cool pic hey?

You've never seen a mole before? Have you seen a vole? I'm so surprised because I've found (and rescued from cats) loads!

:) xx

Storm. Kat Storm. said...

I love the butterfly.

-TheseJadeDays- said...

It's stunning hey? And it was so big!

:) xx

Related Posts with Thumbnails