Monday, July 4, 2011

Noodle is back!

Japarti on the left and the adventuring Noodle on the right. 

Oh my goodness I'm so unbelievably happy.

Last December for my birthday the lovely drummer boy bought me two hamsters, Noodle and Japarti. On Sunday two lovely young girls came to visit and accidentally left the latch on Noodle's cage off. Needless to say the independent lil adventurer decided to go on a trip which meant that a few hours later the Marja and I found her cage completely empty.

Now, Japarti has escaped twice before but being the home buddy he is always goes straight to the corner of the room and sleeps under the curtain. Makes for easy finding. Of course that was the first place we looked but Noodle had other ideas and remained missing for the whole day yesterday.

I google hamster-finding techniques and decided to leave a pre-counted pile of sunflower seeds in every room to determine where she was hiding in the house. This morning at 3:30am the Marja comes bursting into my room saying "Noodle's in my room, I can hear noise!"

When I stumbled into her room and my eyes could finally focus I saw her sitting there in the corner of the room, looking so sweet and small. I rushed forward and instead of running away she promptly came right up to my held out hand. Hooray! My hamsters love me!

So it's a happy ending for us. But if you've lost your hamster and don't know what to do here are some great tips. on helping you find your little lost treasure. 

2 comments:

Linda Harding said...

What an awesome story! Such big personalities in those teeny tiny bodies. SO glad Noodle came back!! They sound too divine for words :)

-TheseJadeDays- said...

I know, they're both so different!

I'm very relieved we found Noodle.

:) xx

Related Posts with Thumbnails